
The exchange of fire between Israel and Iran-backed militia Hezbollah in Lebanon continued on Monday, with Israeli strikes targeting areas in the capital, Beirut.
The Israeli military said it was currently attacking targets linked to the Shiite militia Hezbollah in Beirut.
Residents reported hearing at least three loud explosions, while black smoke was seen rising over the southern suburbs known as Dahiyah.
There was no immediate information on casualties.
The Israeli military had earlier urged residents to evacuate areas in Beirut's southern suburbs.
Initially, no civilians were in the area but at times, some go back to check on their homes.
An eyewitness told dpa that two buildings were levelled to the ground in the Bir al-Abed area, while one apartment was completely destroyed.
According to Lebanon’s state news agency NNA, at least five people were killed in attacks this morning around Nabatiyah in southern Lebanon.
Two more people were killed in a separate strike in the Bekaa Valley in the east. Additional strikes were reported across southern and eastern parts of the country.
Lebanon’s Health Ministry said an Israeli strike directly targeted a team of paramedics from the Islamic Health Authority on Sunday night in the town of Haris in Bint Jbeil district, killing two paramedics and seriously injuring a third.
The Israeli military said it would continue its ground operations in southern Lebanon, adding that three Hezbollah members had been killed in recent fighting.
According to Israeli sources, they were responsible for the deaths of four soldiers.
Hezbollah, for its part, said it had carried out several attacks on Israeli targets.
In southern Lebanon, the militia claimed to have struck Israeli tanks, and reported firing rocket salvoes at Israeli positions inside Lebanon as well as targets in Israel.
LATEST POSTS
- 1
Smoking rate among US adults drops to record low as vape use rises, CDC report finds - 2
Feeling wonder every day improves our health. Here’s how to do it. - 3
See the 'amazing' photos of Earth taken on historic Artemis II moon mission - 4
UN estimates over 2,000 Sudanese pregnant women have fled el-Fasher to escape conflict - 5
NASA's Apollo 8 moonshot saved 1968. Could Artemis 2 do the same in 2026?
Flash flooding causes highways to close to and from Eilat
Figure out How to Forestall Tooth Staining
Native artists in Texas and Mexico shared their vision of the universe for 4,000 years, ancient murals suggest
'Dancing with the Stars' semifinals: How to watch Episode 10 tonight, where to stream, who's left and more
Iran slams UN nuclear watchdog for failing to condemn Bushehr attacks
Michael Jordan donates $10M to North Carolina medical center in honor of his mother
Hypothermia claims newborn in Gaza and more babies are at risk, doctor says
Greenland’s melting ice and landslide-prone fjords make the oil and minerals Trump is eyeing dangerous to extract
Qatar LNG Ships U-Turn After Attempt to Pass Through Hormuz












