- CONTACT US
- AFS
- Business
- Bussiness
- Car
- Career
- Celebrity
- Digital Products
- Education
- Entertainment
- Fashion
- Film
- Food
- Fun
- Games
- General Health
- Health
- Health Awareness
- Healthy
- Healthy Lifestyle
- History Facts
- Household Appliances
- Internet
- Investment
- Law
- Lifestyle
- Loans&Mortgages
- Luxury Life Style
- movie
- Music
- Nature
- News
- Opinion
- Pet
- Plant
- Politics
- Recommends
- Science
- Self-care
- services
- Smart Phone
- Sports
- Style
- Technology
- tire
- Travel
- US
- World

Germany's Finance Minister Lars Klingbeil has said he is opposed to banning mobile phones and social media in schools.
"I'm not convinced that this is the right way," Klingbeil said during a visit on Friday to the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa, where digital experts are trained.
Instead, he said, "I think we have to see how we can use, for example, gamification in modern education."
Gamification involves transferring playful elements and skills from the computer and video game industry to other areas such as education or the health sector.
Klingbeil will attend the G20 summit of leading industrialized and emerging countries in the South African city of Johannesburg on Saturday and Sunday together with his boss, Chancellor Friedrich Merz.
Merz advocated a ban on mobile phones in primary schools at the beginning of October. He conceded then that it would not be easy to enforce a ban on social media for young people under the age of 16, but said he had great sympathy for countries that had already implemented such a ban.
"Children need to learn arithmetic, writing and reading, not play around on their mobile phones," the German chancellor said.
Klingbeil told the students in Johannesburg "you have to know in Germany at the moment, there's a debate going on how to ban smartphones and social media from schools."
On artificial intelligence, Klingbeil said he wanted "a more optimistic debate about that."
He said there were concerns that AI will lead to many job losses, but he believed new ones could be created. "We have to talk about both sides, about the danger and the opportunities."
LATEST POSTS
- 1
Israel violated ceasefire with Hezbollah more than 10,000 times, UNIFIL claims - 2
Report in relation to renaming Herzog Park set to be withdrawn - 3
Bismuth’s haredi draft bill won’t change enlistment, IDI expert tells 'Post' - 4
I work with companies to confront addiction in the workplace. The hidden crisis is costing corporate America millions. - 5
German police 'cleared path for fascists with batons,' protesters say
Lahav 433 head Asst.-Ch. Meni Benjamin named as police officer investigated for breach of trust
Reporter's Notebook: The Post embeds with foreign armies visiting the IDF
As nations push for more ambition at climate talks, chairman says they may get it
IDF bans Android phones for senior officers, iPhones now mandatory, Army Radio reports
Israeli strike on Gaza City vehicle kills at least four, report says
Air Force made critical errors during October 7 massacre, investigator says
Defense Minister Katz finally condemns Jewish extremist violence against Palestinians
Explainer-What has happened to the damaged spacecraft at China's space station?
Chinese astronauts’ return to Earth delayed over fears spaceship damaged by debris













